Everyone has a travel philosophy. Some want to see glamorous places. Some want to fulfil their dream of going to a place they’ve always dreamt of. And me?
My travel philosophy is rather simple:
1. Never plan for the next travelling destination. I love the element of surprise.
2. Always travel to a country where you can ‘get lost’…literally. No GPS!
3. The language spoken in the country must be something other than English. If the inhabitants of the country understands English, choose a different country
4. Travel to a destination which will give you the biggest culture shock ever.
5. The country must have a love for either football or dancing (preferably both!)
6. An option to volunteer with children there!
7. The country must be filled with history, whether it be their political history or history in their architecture. History is what intrigues me to travel to a new destination
8. The destination has to be away from any resemblance of a city. A place close to nature whether it be mountains or the beach
9. Somewhere warm (preferably). I’m not a big fan of winter.
10. Lastly, the country must have either an Australian Consulate/Embassy or the Indonesian Embassy. I added this ONLY at the request of my mom.
Tip: Never ever read the travel warnings, newspaper, news channels such as CNN or BBC prior to travelling.